Cornell Recreational Services
Recreational Services offers a wide variety of fitness, wellness, sports and open recreation activities for Cornell students, staff and their families. Through our broad-based programs, we try to promote a healthy and holistic lifestyle throughout the campus community.
Recreational Services encompasses the Cornell Fitness Centers (CFC), the Wellness Program, Intramural Sports (IM), the Helen Newman Bowling Center, Noyes Community Recreation Center and Helen Newman Hall Recreation Center.
These programs are offered just for people like YOU!!! Come join the fun.
Free Recreation at Cornell: Your Cornell ID is your ticket to free recreation on campus!
- Helen Newman Hall: Open lap swimming, basketball courts for volleyball and badminton
- Noyes Community Recreation Center: Located on West campus, Noyes offers lounge areas, table tennis, basketball court also for volleyball, outdoor basketball court and a pool table. Check out the calendar of events for the latest list of happenings.
- Intramural Sports: IM Sports offers students, faculty and staff competitions in many different sports throughout the year! Check the website for current opportunities.
- Cornell Outdoor Education: COE specializes in outdoor fun! Check out the website for information.
- Teagle Hall lap swimming
- Tennis at Risley, Appel and Jessup courts: Equipment is available to check out with a Cornell ID at the Helen Newman Issue Room in Helen Newman Hall.
- Outdoor basketball courts on North campus at the corner of Jessup Road and Pleasant Grove Road.
- Sand Volleyball between Clara Dickerson Hall and Balch Hall: Equipment can be checked out in Helen Newman Hall Issue room.
- Cornell Plantations Nature Trails: Enjoy the outdoors right on campus with some beautiful trail hiking around the Cornell Plantations and beyond.
- Cornell Athletics: Watch a Cornell team at home! Some sports are always free to everyone. Checkout the team schedules and results today.